2011 is coming to a close and 2012 is rushing towards us with untold possibilities.
For many, it is a time of reflection and planning. It is a time of resolutions and promises.
1) Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
2) Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.
Only you know what is best for you.
3) Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart.
Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.
4) Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
5) Don’t give up when you still have something to give.
Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
6) Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect.
It is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.
7) Don’t be afraid to encounter risks.
It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
8) Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find.
The quickest way to receive love is to give love.
The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
9) Don’t dismiss your dreams.
To be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.
10) Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you’re going.
Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way.